Expertise and advice, beyond capital
Our scale-up engine is collaborative, data-driven and crafted from decades of B2B investing experience.
Exclusive focus on B2B technology companies
Yttrium specializes in investing in growth-stage B2B technology companies. Our focused investment approach, superior market and scaling expertise helps us to attract and better support the best B2B entrepreneurs.
We focus on investing in companies with the following key characteristics:
- High caliber, ambitious management team
- Differentiated and scalable technology platform
- Above EUR 5 million recurring revenues with 40%+ growth
- Capital efficient business model and clear path to profitability
The value-creation engine
- Chief People Officer dedicated to providing high-impact HR advice to Yttrium portfolio companies
- Advise management to identify and on-board best-in-class C-level talent
- Provide companies with continuous HR sparring and advise on organizational scale-up strategies and process optimization
- Provide ongoing strategic sparring to management on planning and execution of growth strategies, leveraging learnings and experts from across the Yttrium portfolio
- Leverage domain experts from Yttrium network to provide deep-dive sparring on key product and go-to-market topics
- Portfolio CFO team carry out detailed monthly analyses of operating KPIs
- Provide granular KPI benchmarking to identify and address areas to improve performance
- Support in designing and implementing best-in-class financial reporting processes to build KPI-driven organization
Pricefx Co-Founder & Co-CEO
“Right from the start, we were impressed with Yttrium’s understanding of our space. They have stayed engaged, following our progress, ready to provide advice, help connecting us to partners and ultimately deploy additional capital. They are there, when it matters, without getting in the way.”
NavVis Co-Founder & CEO
“The network to senior industrial executives Ytttrium brings has already proven invaluable and opened key new customer relationships for us.”
Supporting and enabling the sustainable growth and development of our companies is an essential part of our values. It underpins our investment and value creation approach and is an essential part of our firm culture also. Our sustainability strategy is based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals which emphasize the importance of Environment, Society and Governance as three independent cornerstones.
Tracking and improving the environmental impact of our fund is embedded in our firm’s processes. We as a fund, track our carbon emissions on a yearly basis and also define clear roadmaps to reduce its impact on the environment. We have chosen myclimate.org as an independent, non-profit compensation partner to offset our carbon footprint since 2019 and have achieved carbon neutrality. We started to implement this also within our portfolio companies and track the progress on an annual basis.
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is one of our core priorities. In 2020, we set up a comprehensive D&I strategy along the core impact areas of Team, Deal Sourcing, Portfolio, and Ecosystem. We have made significant progress on these initiatives since then – but we also recognize there is still a long way to go to ensure true equality. From a gender diversity perspective, our proportion of female investment professionals is currently at 33% and total female representation within the team at 50%.
As our team continues to grow, we aim to further increase diversity within our team. By emphasizing our ongoing support for diversity initiatives (incl. Billion Dollar Fund Initiative, Level20), we strive to further improve the diversity imbalance in the ecosystem and source best-in-class companies with diverse teams. We advise our portfolio companies in improving their ESG strategy by emphasizing its importance on an executive and board level as well as outlining and sharing best practices and guidelines to enact change.
We believe it is critical to have our values reflected in clear structures, policies, and processes. Our investor advisory board reviews the principles and changes and implements adjustments accordingly.
“ESG and sustainability is a key priority for us as a company – it is a key part of our culture. It was important to us that we had an investor that shared this same belief and could help us develop further in this area. Yttrium demonstrated exactly this and they actively help us improve by sharing best-practices from across the portfolio.”